Knitwear took center stage in London, Milan and Paris this season. Designers showed knitwear that ranged from oversized pullovers in cozy, chunky knits to medium gauge knits with eye catching intarsia patterns.
- Cartoon characters seen at Gucci added a touch of whimsy to collections that featured vibrant color palettes.
- Comic-inspired characters brought a fun element to AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi's collection.
- Geometric patterns (seen at Marco de Vincenzo) carried forward from last season, adding a dynamic look to cardigans that were layered over either contrasting print or sold shirts.
- Stripes remain important - especially bold stripes - like those we saw at AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi.
- New interpretations of ethnic/native motifs also were part of the season's line up (seen at Off-White)